Friday, June 19, 2009

What's wrong here???

It started with me discovering my period has arrived. I was surprised as it isn't as scheduled. Yeah, I know. Menstruation doesn't usually start at the same date each month. I even have a 2-week leeway. I usually expect to have my period at the end or the first week of the month. With my usual at announcing unimportant things or things that might be slightly embarrassing for others (if they were me), I told my two housemates of my discovery. Lo and behold! I have my period!

Housemate 1 (HM1): Eh? But that's nothing to get worried about. Menstruation doesn't usually start at the same date each month.

Me: Yeah, I know.

HM2: Yeah, that's right. I even had my period on different dates these past months. It really doesn't fall on the same date every month

Me: I know that. I don't mean the date. I even have a 2-week allowance. I usually have mine at the end-

HM2: So, what's got you worried then?

Me: I usually expect to have my period at the end or the first week of the month. So this must mean something's wrong... I have an auto-immune disease (that's supposedly stable now) that's hormonal in nature and menstruation is something hormonal so...

HM1: You know, it's all part of being a woman. There's nothing to worry about. You see those are actually your egg cells, unused egg cells...

Me: (indignantly) I know that! I'm almost 30 after all. Of course, I know that!

HM2: So, what do you want to do? It's not something you can stop or reschedule as you please.

Me: (really irritated by now) I KNOW THAT. That's not even my point. There's a big discrepancy in my cycle given my 2-week allowance. This is not normal and maybe a sign of something wrong. Maybe my disease is somehow "active" again...

HM2: (<=== one who cooks our meals and loves meat and loves to cook meat dishes and is sometimes frustrated that I don't want to eat meat 'cause of my disease and would encourage me to eat meat dishes nevertheless) You mean, you have been eating something that's off limits with your condition?

Me: (muttering) You're asking me that?
Me: Maybe I should go and see a doctor. This may be something I shouldn't just brush off.

HM1: If that's how you want to see it, so be it. (muttering) Though I really think it's normal. They're egg cells. If they want to come out, they'll come out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha mykiss bibo imo lyf all because of a menstruation hahahah!

=zhAri3= said...

hello, kikis-san! leme tawa muna, ok? hahahaha... senxa na. i just find the whole conversation with your 2 housemates funny. na bibo kalit inyong house coz u have your period na. but, on a serious note, you're just probably stressed out that's why napaaga imong menstruation. it happens to me sometimes. though i know that you might be worried bcoz of ur auto-immune disease. so i'll support you if you want to see a doctor. just to be on the safe side. hug ko beh. >:D< >:D< >:D<

Nitpicker said...

@Anonymous: mao...hehe. ambot nganong naabot ato ang flow sa conversation...

@zharie: murag mas nastress ko sa flow sa conversation than sa pagabot skng period. hahaha!