Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sarcarsm on SMS = Useless

Here I was, airing out my angst - my me against the world drama - to cocodile. It's not just a simple drama, you know. I was not making a mountain out of a molehill. I was simply telling him that I gave up my other online job 'cause of this and that. It maybe too much for me to handle the 2 jobs so it's best that I just concentrate my efforts into just one. And, in so doing, I gained much more in the bargain. I even detailed to him my previous schedule so he would get a very clear vision of how my life will now change.

His reply? "So, what job's now left with you? You should really start saving."

Oh. I was rendered speechless for about a minute. 60, 59, 58, ... , 3, 2, 1, 0.

"Gee, thanks for the concern". *dripping with all the sarcasm I could squeeze out of my pores*

"No. You don't need to thank me. It's what I do 'cause I care about you."

Ooohhh!!! I could just wring his neck there and then! Instead, I settled for stabbing the poor banana slice with my fork (I was eating Mandarin Tropical Fruit Salad then) with such force that it merited an upward arch of my Tita's eyebrow. Thankfully, my sweet smile at her silenced her unvoiced questions.

Lesson learned: sarcasm on SMS is useless. Either that or cocodile's simply immune to my sarcasm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he just couldn't relate with the sarcasm. It goes to show that there's really more about you that he doesn't know yet.

Depende sa perspective ng recipient. Di rin siguro sya sarcastic kaya ganun. A sarcastic guy like myself could easily spot sarcasm but others who have 'purer' hearts don't. Perhaps he was imagining you smiling and being sincere when you thanked him for his concern.

Haha. Useless nga pag sa text.

Anonymous said...

hahaha..funny..bagay jud mo ni cocodile..hehehe..go manang..kaya mo yan...daghan pa ingana pag nagminyo na mo..wekekeke