Saturday, September 13, 2008

I have every right to do this

Almost a month ago, the blasted internet service provider let me down - no or minimal internet connection. "There is a problem with the base tower." "Repairs are on-going". "Your complaint has been reported. Meanwhile, kindly monitor your connection from time to time". You hear that? I called up their hotline continuously and each time, their scripted dialogue is all I hear. This went on for almost 2 weeks. I did everything, believe me - calling their hotline, going to their office twice to report the problem, called up one of their technician to check my set-up, even made repairs/upgrade to my hardware. I had probably exhausted all means to make them aware of the urgency of my predicament - all to no avail. Why? Because it went on for almost 2 weeks!

I handle 2 online jobs. What the hell am I supposed to tell my bosses? "Um, I have minimal internet connection. Sorry, I can't work today. Ah... I don't know when the repair's going to be done. Uh... I hope I still have a job to return to when this is over."

Oh, well. Needless to say, I aged a lot during the whole ordeal. I'm seriously considering transferring to DSL but since it is owned by the same company that owned my current ISP, I am still not assured of a more reliable connection. So, I'm still stuck with SmartBro-ken. I hope they realize their advertised 384 kbps isn't what I'm getting - SmartBro, my speed barely reaches 300. So, this one's for you - You Suck, Big Time!!!

No comments: