Saturday, September 13, 2008

Realization

I thought I had it all together. I thought I had it all down pat. I had to, see. 'Coz I handle 2 online jobs. My friends told me I'm spreading myself too thin. But, no, I can do this. And I did. Yes, I had little time for personal stuff but I still have the weekend free. I also had lots of money. The 2 sources of income made sure of that. Everything was good. I was happy.

But everything started crumbling down when my stupid ISP failed me. No/minimal internet connection. Remember, in the world of online jobs - it's no work, no pay. ..Uh, no pay for 2 weeks... No pay... for 2 weeks... *shakes head* Sorry, I spaced out.

Anyway, amidst the craziness of those 2 weeks and the week thereafter, I had come to a realization. I cannot serve two masters at the same time. I will always compare one with the other - and favor one over the other.

I gave up my other online job. I gave up a part of my life. But I gained most of it back. More personal time, less stress, less wear and tear for my cpu (which sometimes breaks down due to overheating), and more opportunities to redevote my efforts to things I've set aside for the past month.

Hah! And I thought I was happy then.

1 comment:

CDOToday Admin said...

Well, I was in your shoes before, but not until the start of 2008 where I surrendered and quit the other online job since I also have 2 online jobs that eats my whole waking hours spent in front of Computer working my @ss out to deliver the satisfactory output to my two masters.

I have no time for myself, I even got so much stress from waking up early til going back to bed on late nights. But not now... since I am enjoying my job at the same time having time for myself, family and friends...

Go Gurl! ehehehhe